While most hot springs focus on soaking in the mineral water, Mui Ne Hot Spring Center, in Binh Thuan Province, is best known for its mud baths. It’s open year-round for relaxing.
Mud baths, which are particularly popular in Vietnam, provide medicinal benefits such as detoxifying, soothing, and rejuvenating your body. Mined from the best mineral deposits in the country, Mui Ne’s dark and fragrant mud is sourced from the Lam Vien Plateau.
Sporting a 9.8 pH and packed full of high alkaline bentonite, which meets international standards, the mud at Mui Ne provides plenty of health benefits including:
- Tightening pores & smoothing skin
- Treating acne & skin diseases
- Alleviating muscle pain, arthritis, sciatica, etc.
- Promoting relaxation and relieving stress
- Diminishing inflammatory symptoms
Mui Ne’s mud baths are located outside in open spaces, utilizing green banana trees and wooden shades to create a bit of privacy between each bathing area. Temperatures hover around 37° C, allowing you to soak comfortably for about 20 minutes.
You can also choose to relax in mineral pools or let the water flow over you under a man-made waterfall.
The Mui Ne Hot Springs Center has plenty of activities to keep you busy beyond mud baths.
The Spa – If relaxation is your goal, make sure to book a professional spa service. There are a variety of options for you to choose from including full-body, hot stone, mineral mud, food, and head massages.
Yoga – Looking for a little introspection and meditation? Join one of the center’s yoga classes.
Dining – Nestled in the lush garden, visitors can find an excellent outdoor restaurant offering a variety of Asian specialties as well as a few European ones.
While visiting the hot spring center, you should definitely find some time to enjoy these other exciting activities in Mui Ne.
- Mui Ne Beach: A great location to try kite surfing and other water sports.
- White Sand Dunes: Bang Trang (White Lake) is a massive sand dune with some patches of pine trees. Tourists love to walk and ride their bikes at this site.
- Red Sand Dunes: A beautiful place to watch a sunset while the kids sled down the sandhill.
- Mui Ne Fishing Village: Watch local fishermen at work or buy fresh seafood to make for dinner.
- Po Shanu Cham Towers: A red-brick temple devoted to the Hindi God Shiva in addition to a few remains of the Champa Empire.
- Fairy Springs: Limestone and clay from surrounding rock formations created a soft red creek near a small waterfall.
Where To Stay
While there are several high-end accommodations near Mui Ne Hot Spring Center as well as a few cheaper places to stay, the majority of the area is for the mid-range budget. If looking to stay on the lower end of a budget, check out Mui Ne Hills Hotel.
A middle-range hotel such as Boa Quynh Bungalow is a good choice for most visitors, while the Saigon Mui Ne Resort is made for those who prefer amenities of comfort and luxury. While you can visit the Mui Ne area year-round, the best time is between October and May.
Whether you decide to take a mud bath or prefer soaking in the mineral pool, a trip to Mui Ne Hot Spring Center will leave you feeling refreshed and renewed. A 5-hour bus ride from Ho Chi Minh City, plan on spending a long weekend at this oceanside paradise.
Address: 113 Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, khu phố 1, Thành phố Phan Thiết, Bình Thuận, Vietnam
Phone: +84 252 3743 477
Season: Year-Round | Best October & May